12.25.2012

merry christmas

 
 
I decided to make homemade cards this Christmas. It was a lot more time consuming than stopping at Target to pick up a pack of cards, but in the end it was so worth it. 


Michaels and Hobby Lobby have been my best friends lately. I swear, they never fail me! I bought a ton of construction paper, stickers  and other little items to create my cards. I chose the four colors that remind me of Christmas: dark green, dark red, cream and dark blue. I added a little sparkle and incorporated many "Christmas symbols" like, snowflakes and evergreen trees. All of the supplies I used can be found at any type of craft store. Just pick up some materials that catch your eye and create any type of card your little heart desires.

My cards aren't as elaborate as I envisioned them to be; they're all very simple. Come to think of it, simple is perfect to me - it reminds me of the Christmas season in general. We add bright, shiny, pretty decor to our houses, trees and gifts as part of our celebration of Jesus' birth, but in reality none of that matters. All of the extravagant gifts and decor go away, but what remains are the simple things. Things like being with our loved ones and going to a Christmas mass/service to truly celebrate God's gift to us.


I'm happy I kept the cards simple and I hope I enjoy the simple and small things Christmas has to offer. I'm so excited to celebrate Christ's birth! I hope you all have a blessed Christmas. I've included some pictures below of the card-making process for your reference.

Stay beautiful,
Marina










No comments:

Post a Comment