1.05.2013

my bridesmaids

I can easily say my best friends have changed my life for the better. They are my sisters and I absolutely adore them. I will always carry them in my heart. Asking my lovely ladies to stand by my side on my wedding day is hands down one of my favorite parts of this journey. I am so thrilled they get to be a part of our wedding and Brett and I feel the same about his groomsmen.

Technically, I'm probably supposed to wait another month or so to formally ask my bridesmaids, but I could not wait (they all knew it was coming anyway)! I've always wanted to ask them in a creative, personal way and I came up with this idea about a year ago. :)

I love bedazzling/decorating plain pictures frames. It's something I did throughout college and I knew this was a gift I wanted to give my best friends. I bought a bunch of flowers, pearls and other embellishments to stick on the picture frames and used scrapbook paper for the little notes. All of these items, including the frames were purchased at Michaels. Some of the embellishments already had an adhesive, and I had to glue some of the other pieces on. I created each frame in a unique way because each of my bridesmaids is different and I wanted to add a touch of their own personality.

I also tried to incorporate our hopeful wedding colors - black, white and red. I decided to purchase two-sided picture frames and fill one side with a memorable picture and the other with "the big question" (also a place holder for a wedding picture). I put each frame and a personalized note in a box filled with red tissue paper. I designed the notes and created the typography in Microsoft Word. I wrapped each box with beautiful black and white wrapping paper, and topped each gift with a red bow.



 

 


Meet my beautiful bridesmaids: Dana, Cassie, Sam, Mary, Ashley, Callista, Alyssa and Tara. 

I love you girls so much and I'm so happy you all said yes. :)

  
Stay beautiful,
Marina

1 comment:

  1. WOW. That is such a cute way to ask your bridesmaids! I wish I had thought of that. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete