11.29.2012

crafts in tennessee

Crafts are so delightful. My sweet, beautiful friend, Mary loves crafts as much as I do. Unfortunately, we live many miles apart and our time spent crafting together is limited.  Whenever Mary and I reunite, I am reminded of how blessed I am to have her in my life. 


I took a trip to visit Mary and the alluring hills of Tennessee in September. I always experience the best moments with this girl. 

I was welcomed by several crafts when I walked into her humble home. How adorable are these DIYs?

During my first visit in Tennessee, Mary and I explored a lot. This trip was strictly for catching up and enjoying our time together. While we drove around her quaint, little town, we ventured into various antique shops and small town stores. We stopped into a boutique filled with unique home decor. We found something we couldn't describe (see picture below), but we were convinced we could create a replica. 

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=a4c79ec8ee&view=att&th=13b4f2ec33c6ad24&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9lN5aNfgKOXI7Xmgul0B25&sadet=1354243200015&sads=CDTzT4V42OJr_4qvhgVctDTOuKg

With excitement in our step, we ran off to Hobby Lobby where we bought our materials. What a wonderful night; spending time with one of my favorite people and crafting at the same time. Love you and miss you Mary- can't wait to craft again when you visit!

The direction on how to create this decor/craft (who knows?!) are below. Get your fingers covered in Mod Podge and create your own replica!

Materials:
3 pieces of scrapbook paper (I suggest purchasing paper that contrasts each other)
8X10 Canvas
Mod Podge
Paint brushes
Inexpensive, antique jewelry
Scissors
 

 
 
Place pieces of paper on the canvas in desired directions (the purpose of this step is to map out the placement of the paper)

 

 

Lightly brush the back of each paper and the canvas with Mod Podge; stick paper to the canvas. Make sure to cover the edges; the entire canvas should be covered

Cut the excess paper with scissors and attach jewelery with super glue.


What do you think? I'd like to eventually paste a picture to mine. :)

Stay beautiful,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment